SUMMER DAY CAMP ASSISTANT COORDINATOR, TEMPORARY
Closing Date: January 25, 2019
Department: Recreation, Culture & Community Services
File Number: SV18-138
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, various hours between 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. (May 21 - Sept.6, 2019)
Salary: $15.50 - $16.00 per hour
As a member of the RCCS Department, this position will assist the Summer Day Camp Coordinator with the development, coordination and implementation of staff training and the daily activities for the City of Belleville's summer camp programs. They will assist in the preparation of schedules and supervising summer Day Camps and Camp Staff (both on-site and off-site).
- Two (2) years/seasons experience as a Senior Program Leader or similar experience with programming for children between the ages of 3-16
- College or University student (child related field of study is an asset).
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Hold a current Standard First Aid and C.P.R. Certification.
- Hold the High Five - Principles of Healthy Child Development certificate.
- Valid driver's licence and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
Apply By Email:
Personal information and any supporting material will be administered in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA). We thank all applicants who apply but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Belleville is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Human Resources Division to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process.
Applicants will be required to provide at their own expense a satisfactory criminal reference check dated within the past six (6) months and if deemed a requirement of the position, a driver’s abstract to the Human Resources Department on or before the date of the interview but no later than the commencement of employment if selected.